Race-Adjusted Predicted Normals
Courtesy of Ralph Stumbo Jr. RRT, CPFT www.ApexPulmonary.com
As presented at the 2013 AARC International Congress. All rights reserved. For personal use only, no duplication or transmission without prior written authorization.
- To understand that there are different races
- To understand that differences do exist between races and ethnic groups
- Determine if there is a need for race-adjusted predicted equations
- What are the recommendations regarding using race-adjusted equations
- Explore what equations are available
- What to do in the case of a patient of mixed race.
- Which ones are the “Winning Numbers”
Download the Powerpoint presentation: 2013 AARC Race Roulette